Friday, December 18, 2015

Even the Birds love His Word

Even the birds love His Word!

Matthew 13:4 As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.

If you were to go into the bedroom of a person well beloved, but someone you did not know, you might spend time looking for something they had written.  Perhaps a diary or a journal so that you could get to know this person so beloved.  

All of my 23 years during my B.C. days (before Christ in my life), I hungered to know God.  I always wanted to know what is the real truth and the real meaning of life.  Surely there is more to life than: he was born and died, and a few things in between!  

When I met Jesus in 1973 it was upon a deal that I made with God.  Show me truth, 100% truth and I will live for You.  He showed me His Word.  From that day to this I have loved His Word, eaten His Word, studied His Word that I might know Him in Truth.  Along with His Word He left me His Spirit so together I might partake in the divine nature of God, in Spirit and Truth.  

Why, even the birds love His Word!   

I see people who say they love Him, yet they do not love His Word and all I can say about that is they did not get what I got!  

I found in preaching for 40 years it is easy to preach, because people don't know His word so they can be entertained by stories.   I also found in 40 years of preaching  it is hard to preach His word because people do not know His word so it is hard to teach of the deeper things of God.   There is a vast difference between being entertain and being taught.  A difference between a 20 minute sermon (3 bullet points, and a joke) and really digging out the pearls of God's Truths.

The Word says: it is not the man that starts the race that wins the prize but we must finish the race.  Some quickly receive the good news but then dry up and blow away in the heat of life.  You see they didn't love His Word.

How can we not live to love and eat His Word, the Bread from heaven?  

Why, even the birds love His Word.  

BW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very True My Brother!