Sunday, October 10, 2010

How I See God

John 7:38-39
38 Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
39 By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.
(NIV)


1 Cor 12:13
13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body-- whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free-- and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.
(NIV)

I would like to share a thought given to me. I even dreamed about this thought and have been pondering it several days. I would like to share with you how I see God. Using the above verses I want you to see it is not a stretch to compare God to water (H2O). Lets think of God as being H2O and from here on out I will use H2O to explain verse and perhaps to show God's very nature. Think of the H2O over the whole earth in the form of water, vapor and ice. Yet all the manifestations of H2O is one just as God is One. Deut 6:4. No matter what the form or appearance God (H2O) is one. Where the H2O appears as ocean, glacier, rain, dew or steam it is always and only H2O. Where God appears as a burning bush, a voice from heaven, a dove or a Man, it is still only one H2O. Eph 4:4

Now that H2O which is invisible created Himself a Vessel, a pure glass, container, a tent, a tabernacle and show us the only image of the invisible God. That Vessel could be compared to an crystal glass that perfectly reflected the H2O within. The glass container was not H2O but only a Vessel to contain and reveal the H2O within. To wit: H20 was in the Vessel reconciling the world to Himself. We beheld the Vessel as the only image of the invisible H2O. The Vessel was born, but God was never born. The Vessel died, but God can never die. The Vessel bled but H2O can never bleed and die. The Vessel became sin, but H2O can never sin. H2O was poured without measure into the glass the Vessel. The Vessel or glass was called by His Father's name, H2O. The Vessel came in His Father's name H2O. The H2O was poured out of the Vessel (why have You forsaken me) so that the Vessel could die. H2O is greater than I (the Vessel said). No man knows the time of the end, not the Vessel only the H2O. I and my H2O are one. If you have seen Me you have seen my H2O.

In the fullness of time the Vessel will surrender all to H2O so that H2O can become all in all, but until then we are still waiting for all things to be put under the feet of the Vessel which is the first visible container of H2O. Now we Christians have become visible vessels of H2O and we too reveal the one invisible H2O to the world.

No comments: